Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lessons in Paint and Paper

My love and I bought our first house about a year ago now.  I'm sure amidst all the wonderful things, someone somewhere dropped the hint about how much work/painful/energy-sucking homes were.

Naturally, I disregarded those hints.


This is our home.... Yes.....it is teal.  It actually matches our garden hose quite nicely.  I have really great plans to paint it....I promise....one day...hopefully.  Those are a few of my fabulous in-laws who have just finished ripping out alllllllll the dead ugly shrubs that ran across the front of the house....yech. Thank God for in-laws.....for real...I mean it.

Next up is the living room


 So the fireplace wall...yup...wallpaper.  Not just one layer.  TWO. Not so bad you say?  Well FYI it took FOUR of us (thank you loving parents) hourrrrrrrrrrs to get it all off.  This was the least amout of paper of all the rooms in the house...but I'll save that for a later date.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                     (Tuckered Right Out)                                                                           (He loves me!)

Hubby smashed that ugly valence out and with no previous experience ....we painted our very own living room.


It's a step in the right direction I'd say. :) 'Specially for our VERY first room reno.  One day I'll have my very own furniture .....no more hand-me-downs.....I envision a slate grey L-shaped couch.   The TV will have to stay for now too....notice the stickers. Remnants of hubby's batchelor-hood.  That's what that is.  You win some, you lose some I guess.  I lost this one.  And the skull flag that is our bedroom curtain. I'll show you some other time.

No comments: