Outside my window: Mostly blue and sunny out today - teasing that summer is just around the corner. The sun has been a little late in showing itself this spring so I'm hoping this a sign that it's here to stay!
I am thankful for: Time spent with my hubby, his friends and sister-in-law up in God's beautiful creation all weekend. Even though I was bummed to have to pull out my snow pants once again, there's nothing like being on a snowmobile in untouched powder on top of the world.
Some plans for the week:
- Get organized. Period. Somehow even just a weekend away from home throws off my housekeeping groove.
- Do some Easter baking. Get ready for another tasty traditional Mennonite Easter recipe!
- We have another couple moving in with us April 30th so I need to start making room for them... especially in the bathroom. I haven't had to share my bathroom with another woman in 5 years (PRAY FOR ME...please?)
I am hoping: that the Canucks win the Stanley Cup! Wooooooooo!
I am hearing: nothing but the rattle of my computer under the desk. I think we often forget how important it is to have moments of silence in our lives. I can hear the Holy Spirit's whispering better when I'm still and silent.
I am praying for:
- my friend S - that she would continue to battle the negative thoughts and anxiety that threatens her relationship with her children.
- my dearest - that he would be strong and arm himself against the devil's schemes - one day at a time. With God all things are possible.
- myself - that I would continue to learn how to be a submissive wife - not as a door mat but as a strong, smart, independant woman who loves and supports her husband.
Some pictures from our weekend of backcountry snowmobiling at GRIZZLY LODGE :
(Check out the link if you have a moment. It's a beautiful lodge in the Shuswap area of BC and if you're into snowmobiling it's definitely worth the drive! Oh yeah and did I mention I grew up with the chef's daughter? You will NEVER eat so well in your life...I promise!)
|On top of the world|
|Can you see the red roof in the middle of the picture? That's Grizzly Lodge!|