Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Never"

I found this "poem" over At the Picket Fence. Vanessa and Heather are sisters who blog together and do a regular Simply Sunday post that I enjoy!  This one was so great I just had to share it.



Never


I will never have it all together.

“Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.”
Psalm 100:2-3


I will never have the most perfectly clean home without toys strewn about and cracker crumbs ground into the carpet.

“A woman who fears the Lord, shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.”
Proverbs 31:31

I will never have all the answers.

“Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!”
Romans 11:33

I will never know just the right thing to
 wear for every occasion,
have the cutest haircut or be a trendsetter.

I will regularly leave the house in yoga pants, even though I don’t do yoga,
and my hair will be in a pony-tail.

Hopefully I will have showered.

Do not let your adornment be merely
 outward-arranging the hair,
wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-rather
let it be the hidden person of the heart,
with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,
which is very precious in the sight of God.

1 Peter 3:3

I will never enjoy doing laundry and cleaning toilets, especially ones that are used by little boys.

“In all the work you are doing, work the best you can.
Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people.”

Colossians 3:23
 
I will never have a body that does not have dimples in all of the wrong places.
 
“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made,
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.”

Psalm 139:14-15

I will never be a perfect mother. And I will never be a perfect wife.
I will make mistakes.

“A soft answer turns away wrath
But a harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly,
But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.”

Proverbs 15:1-2

I will probably never be viewed by the world as a success in my chosen role of Homemaker.
 
“She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”

Proverbs 31:27-29


 
I’ve never been someone who looks at the world through “rose-colored” glasses. But I’m pretty sure that I look at myself through “world-colored” glasses. I put them on and walk around looking through lenses that reflect all of my faults and flaws. It’s a miracle I don’t bump into things more often with such distorted vision! But, what if I took them off? What if I saw myself as He sees me instead of how the world sees me? Perhaps my vision would be restored and I would see that I am…
 

Always beautiful to Him

Always loved by Him

Always the daughter of the King!
 
-Vanessa, At the Picket Fence - Simply Sunday




No comments: