Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bring on the Summer Projects!

There's something about blue sky and a warm breeze that makes me wanna get stuff done. It also makes me want to get dirty. Seriously. I've been wandering around the place with dirt on my feet and grass on my knees for weeks! (I do shower....sometimes) My legs are also covered in white spray paint because I have caught the reno bug once more!

I say "once more" because when you buy a fixer-upper like we did.....somedays you feel like fixing things....but most days you really don't.

It has been fabulous.  WE FINALLY PAINTED OUR HOUSE!  Let me remind you of what it used to be.



Garden hose turquoise. That's what color that is.

And now....it's "Cracked Pepper".   LOVE. LOVE. LOVE Behr Paint and Primer in one. The pigment is so thick and rich we could've gotten away with only one coat. For serious!



Look how the purple irises POP against the grey! So beautiful.


I also bought a can of Rustoleum Flat white and went to town on our old screen door, mailbox , and our house number too!

The only thing left...which I'm sure you can see in the picture....is the trim under the gutters. Oh how I am NOT looking forward to that.  The reno train just rolled in to Procrastination station.

I'm linkin my sweet before'n'after to:

- Dittle Dattle's Amaze Me Monday
- Thrify Decor Chick's Before and After Party
Anything Related Tuesday's

No comments: