Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mirror Redo

Friends, I'd like to announce - I HAVE A MIRROR IN MY BEDROOM! Woooooo! I'm finally starting to fill all the empty walls in our house...slowly but surely.



I got lucky with this one, our very dear friends just moved across the country....the WHOLE country.  Central BC to PEI. No joke.  They put almost everything in their house in a garage sale and gave away what didn't sell. 

TB brought over this gorgeous mirror for my bedroom a few days before they left and it was perfect! It didn't look this purdy when she brought it over though.







I apologize for the pictures.  Try to ignore the reflection.....what you see is our STILL unfinished basement.  A girl's gotta work somewhere.

It was a little dinged up but it's quite ornate....you just can't see it from here...so just trust me.  As I've said before...I'm a little lazy so, no, I didn't take the time to fill the chips.  I just spray painted right over it!  Can't even tell. 

The other lazy thing I didn't do - I didn't take the mirror out from the frame.  In hindsight that would've been the smart way to go...but I just covered it with newspaper and sprayed away.  I already posted about how that worked out....or didn't work out.  You would think for my very first redo I would be cautious and take all the proper steps.... lets be honest...that's just not me. And I'm ok with that!


I tried to take a picture of the mess that's UNDER the newpaper
 but it didn't really work....You'll have to just believe me.



Oh and that gorgeous canvas you can see in the reflection of mirror in my room....yeah, I got that one for free too! Ok well not totally free, I gave EA some money 'cause I couldn't believe she would paint me something that HUGE and that BEAUTIFUL for free.  I just have to show you a close up.  It's 4 ft. x 3 ft!


I'm in looooooooove!  Now I just need to work on putting nice things on my dresser!  What do YOU have on your dresser? Any ideas?

I'm linkin up to:



The DIY Show Off






Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

The Thrifty Home Refinished Furniture Party

No comments: