Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who I am

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors is having an All About Me party so we can get to know each other! That's where I'm linkin up!

My name is Camille and I'm a stay-at-home....wife! Yup, that's right...not mom....wife. No kids...yet. I am 25, have Bachelor of Science degree but after 2 years of working full time we decided that our marriage was more important than being well-off so I quit!  And I haven't looked back since.




I am married to a wonderful man who NOBODY expected me to marry. He hunts, he fishes, he works on cars, he tries to talk me into decorating our house in cowboy paintings and various antlers....and I love him (but not the cowboy paintings...)  I am his help meet and his biggest fan.  This means I am the one sitting at the front of the boat with rod in hand (and a book in the other),  I am the one following silently behind him as we creep through the bushes (....taking pictures of flowers), and I am the one on the ground beside him ready to pass him the necessary tools under the car.  No, I don't always enjoy it, but nothing thrills me more than hearing my husband say that he would rather do these things with ME....not his friends. 






Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour.  He is my rock and my fortress. I would not be the person I am today with Him and I don't believe I would be still married if it weren't for God carrying me through.

I am a piano teacher. Sometimes I love'em. Sometimes I want to wring their little necks (not literally I promise).  But when the year is over I miss my kids sooooo much.

Where I Live

Kamloops, BC. Canada's desert. 40 degree summers (that's 100 for you american folk). Love it.  It fills my need for small-town community but I can go shopping if I need to without leaving town! (It's still a novelty)
We love it because you can fish a different lake every week for a year and in less than 15 minutes you can be lost in the great outdoors.


...or stuck in the great outdoors.

We moved here 3 years ago, never having been here before except for 3 days to find a place to rent. We knew no one and spent 3 weeks holed up in our basement suite playing video games 'cause we didn't know anyone.  I don't play video games.

What I Love About My Home

I love that it's ours. No more renting. No more roomates. No more landlords stomping around upstairs. No more dark, dank basement suites.  It's not perfect.  Actually, it's far from that (it's tourquoise).  But with every painted wall, it becomes more and more the home we dream of.



My Favorite Room

Is ...well...our bedroom?  It's the most finished room and the one that I dream about changing the least....
Most of all, it's the place where Tim and I can reconnect after a long day....even if it's just spending time in silence with my head on his wonderfully broad chest.


My Favorite Thing to DIY

I'm new to DIY, but gosh in the last few weeks I sure caught the spray paint bug.  How awesome is that!?  We have very little furniture to put in our new house so I am on the hunt for thrift store finds to fix up!

I Wish I Knew How To

Build things! And I will learn, don't you worry.  I just have to get brave enough.  I also wish I could decorate...haha. Some people have an knack for it...and some people don't. But that won't stop me from trying!

Something You May Not Know About Me

I secretly want to be a model when I grow up....

Why I Love to Blog

I'm pretty new to this whole bloggy world but what a fun way to get to know people and share ideas! I just had to be a part of it.  That and I REALLY need help decorating our house.....

6 comments:

Kolein said...

This was wonderful! I "met" you through FJI All About Me!

~Kolein

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Nice to meet you Cammy! I really enjoyed your writeup. Did you know you're my neighbour?!? Only a couple hours or so away. So, about our rainy weather... heh..

You've certainly joined the right ranks if you wish for help in decorating. Blogworld is a blast!

Thanks for linking up!

Donna

Anonymous said...

I love that you are willing to do things with him even when they are not your first choice of activities. And, should you choose, someday you will have kids who will go hunting or work on cars with dad, and believe it or not, you will miss your part. However, that should go both ways. Have him go with you to something, maybe a hardware store Sat morning DIY class! Get involved in your community. I moved to a small town where I know no one and if you don't get involved they do tend to treat you like an outsider as time goes by. And they are great people here.
By hanging around blogland (I'm pretty new too)and noticing who the bloggers you enjoy read you build up a community feeling there too.
You're off to a great start!

Jen said...

Found you on Like a Warm Cup of Coffee..."Following" you now...will come back again to visit more when I have some extra time!

Cammy said...

Donna - nice to meet you too neighbor! Thanks for stoppin by!

Dogsmom - what a great idea! I'm definitely going to look into some local DIY class to do with hubby.

Calvintage Jen - thanks for following! I'm learning it takes some dedication to get established here in blogland. I appreciate it!

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

I just found your blog from "Like a Warm Cup of Coffee" link up. I'm also a stay at home wife (actually, work from home, but whatevs), and I love your blog so far! We're a rarity in the 'Stay at home" community, not having kids, but I wouldn't have it any other way and I love having the time to devote to being my Handsome's helpmate. I'm so thankful that he loves me so much that he wants me to be happy even if it means a tighter budget! He's hunter/fisher/car guy too, and I'm reading/crafting/opera/ballet type, so you and I sort of have something in common. I take a book along on fishing trips too! Would love to have you check out my little blog too if you'd like! Either way, thanks for posting and it's a pleasure "meeting" you and your blog! :)