Monday, December 6, 2010

Make It Happen Monday (night)


Oki doki - Christmas is just around the corner, can you believe it? I'm way past that though. I'm already stressing about New Years.

Wanna know why?

My family is coming.

HERE.

Last time that happened was a year and a half ago.....and it didn't end well. Enough said.

My list of things to do this week involves starting to get ready for them to come. Basically, cleaning, cleaning and MORE CLEANING.  My house is never clean enough for my mom.

Ok now that I've got that off my chest I can get on with my list!

  • wash guest room bedding and make the bed (somehow this part never gets done)
  •  buy a million drapes and decide on a set for said guest room
  •  finish sewing decorative pillow covers for said guest room ( hoping to do a post on this project!)
  • VACUUM
  • mop the kitchen
  • make 8 dozen cookies for the baking swap next Monday - that number is daunting...I may need to enlist the hubby
  • work on my harmony part for the kids Christmas production (I'm part of the adult choir)
  •  hopefully make a batch of biscotti to wrap up as Christmas gifts for the families of my piano students
EDIT: Well, I've gotten so much done this week....but hardly any of it was on my list!  The bedding is washed...the bed is not made though and I'm hoping to tackle the middle three today.  My baking swap will have to wait 'til tomorrow!

Yikes, somehow I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew.  Some of the cleaning can wait but we're leaving for Christmas with my hubby's family on the 22nd so my time is starting to run short! And we don't even have our Christmas tree up!

What's on your list this week?

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Uh oh...sounds like quite a list. If my list isn't done by 5 it usually doesn't get done. I was secretary to our senior pastor and when we didn't get things done he always said, "100 years from now we'll never know the difference."

Anneke said...

it sounds familiar. I just want a clean house for my family, but I hate cleaning... and we don't have to worry about gifts, that can get off the list. but the cleaning part stays *sigh*
good luck! 100 years from now we'll never know the difference ;-) AND I think that counts for 1 year from now too...

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

I know how that feels! I'm traveling for Christmas, and am a fanatic about leaving my house spotless so that I don't have to worry about cleaning when I get home. That means extra work before I have to pack. haha Thanks for stopping over to my gingerbread post.