Monday, December 27, 2010

Make it Happen Monday


Ammie at Domestically Obsessed, is taking the week off to spend with her family so I won't be linking up my to-do list this week.  I have lots to prepare for though so I need to make a list anyway!

  • buy primer for our basement (woooo the drywall is finally done!)
  • vacuum....twice.
  • wipe the drywall dust off of EVERYTHING IN MY HOUSE
  • LAUNDRY
  • arrange the furniture to make an inviting second guest room out of our junk room ..eek.
  • revamp menu-plan and grocery list to adapt to sister-in-law's candida diet
  • clean up laundry area/storage room
  • get  groceries for our New Years Christmas with my family
  • chop kindling...and then clean the carport...again.
  • make the pillow covers that have been on my to-do list for the last month! They will be the perfect finishing touch for our guest room.
 If you haven't already seen it, I'd like to suggest a new movie for your Christmas traditions.  The Nativity Story is a movie about exactly that. It's not a story about the life of Jesus, just the events leading up to His birth and the exodus to Egypt to escape Herod. If you're a sceptic of "religious" movies (and you have a right to be) this is not your typical low-budget, bad acting movie.  It brings to life the story that we so easily glaze over year after year. How many times have I watched the kids Christmas rendition play through my mind as I listened to the story? Not once have I really stopped to fully grasp the scorn that Mary and Joseph endured from their friends and neighbours. It brought me to tears.  This story is not a "story".  It's not about little children dressed in sheets, fumbling through script lines. It's about a girl. Not a grown women. A girl with more faith than any of us will ever have. A girl who could have been stoned to death and yet chose to believe in her Lord and Saviour. It's about a man who was put in the most painful situation - expose his fiancee and watch her be stoned, quietly anull the engagement to the woman he loves OR trust in his Lord and take her as his wife anyway. How many of us could show so much integrity and faith if faced with the same circumstances? I don't know if I could. I guess that's why He chose Mary and Joseph. Not Tim and Camille.

Watch it and remember the amazing events leading up to the birth of our King - a baby. Remember that it's not a story.

1 comment:

Ammie @ domesticallyobsessed.com said...

Hey Cammy! You go girl! We have a household that is SLOWLY on the road to recovery, but it has been a rough week! Sorry there was no link up this week, but it was best to take a short break from blogging and just take care of the family. That in itself was EXHAUSTING and left very little room for anything else around the house.

I'll be back on Monday, so I hope you'll link up!