Saturday, May 21, 2011

Morning Reflections - dealing with some bad news

Outside my Window - the sun is shining and it's already 20 degrees at 8:30am. Looks like she's gonna be a warm one today!

I am Thinking - about my best childhood friend and maid of honor AC that just informed me that she has breast cancer at the age of 26. My heart is breaking for her. She is so vibrant and strong. On the upside....she often shaves her head for the fun of it so losing her hair won't be a problem! There is always an upside - we just sometimes have a hard time seeing it.

I am Thankful for - a faithful God who gently guides His children through the good times and the bad times. He is my Rock.  I am nothing without Him.

From the Kitchen - NOTHING! I have the house to myself for the first time in 3 weeks so I think I will grab a book and enjoy the sun in my backyard.

I am Creating - a few projects all at once. Lamps, a wreath and a cute little side table that I picked up for $8. It's been hard to get things done with another woman in the house to talk to all day!

I am Reading - The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent....but I've only read the first few pages so I don't have much to say on it.  I am also reading a commentary on 1 Peter....still.  It's slow going but I enjoy having something that makes my brain work a little.

I am Hoping - that all the times I was able to share with AC about Jesus in our younger years would have planted the seeds of hope and strength that she needs to draw on now. I am sad that I've been bad at keeping in touch the last few years.

I am Hearing - precious silence of an empty house.

Plans for the Week - it's gonna get crazy around here. We're helping our friends move and I have to create some order in the house before my parents and grandparents arrive on Thursday. I also have a never ending list of baking to do.  It's unreal how much food two men can consume when it's there for the taking!

A Picture or Two:  ... or three....of my friend AC and I. 


AC is on the left, I'm on the right. Vising our friend LB at UVIC.

Always quirky. We love going spelunking in our home town Grand Forks, BC
My bridesmaids - we've been friends since the age of 8. AC is on the left and my maid of honour.

1 comment:

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

Oh, Cammy - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Heartbreaking:-( We never think cancer happens to people in their 20's, and I can't imagine how devastating the news must be. She looks like a feisty fighter, though, and we both know that we serve a big God who does big things. I'm praying for AC and for you, and I believe in His healing power.