Friday, June 3, 2011

Monogrammed Mailbox

I found this CUTE cheap mailbox fix-up over at Full of Great Ideas.




Since I've been on a huge fix-up-the-outside-of-our-house rampage, I knew my old mailbox was in for a treat.  It's funny how when you do one fix-up it sorta snowballs into hundreds. Kinda scary actually.

On my hunt for the perfect monogram font, I came across this really cute monogram stamp set at More Than Paper




It was the middle one that jumped out at me...the other two are too fancy-dancy for us.

Anywho.

Unfortunately, I am not blessed with a Cricut or Silhouette machine so I printed off an enlarged version and painstakingly drew it, free-hand, on to my newly spraypainted mailbox. 

Needless to say, it's not perfect.  My hand on the paintbrush was less than steady.  BUT, from a distance you can't even tell!  Don'tcha just love it! I do!



I'm linkin this bad boy up to: 










monogram



OH and also:
Stuff and Nonsense

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT

At The Picket Fence said...

That is so adorable! I love anything monogrammed. Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday last weekend! :-)
Vanessa