Saturday, May 14, 2011

Organizing the Linen Closet

Oi Vay, things have been pretty crazy around here lately. As I mentioned a while ago, we have another couple living with us this month. It is really nice to have another wife around to share the cooking and cleaning duties. I might actually miss them when they're gone!

To make them feel more at home (instead of nomads?...gypsies?) I thought I would organize some of our spaces to make things easier to find.  There's nothing like having to ransack someone elses closets/cupboards when they're not home and you need something. Yikes.

The biggest problem was my linen closet. Sheets and towels and tools and electronics...oh my.  How are they supposed to find a towel when they want to shower?!

I love the idea of beautiful baskets to hold my sheet sets and towels but lets be honest - I am FAR too cheap for that.

Source

Instead I used things that almost every woman has a stash of:

GIFT BAGS

Yep, gift bags.  I grabbed some bigger ugly ones I would never give to anyone (that I know ..tee hee) and added some fun little labels tied on with twine!  They're the perfect fit for a sheet set and pillow cases.




Now I don't have to worry about our master sheet sets winding up on our guests bed .....eek! Call me strange but that wierds me out a bit.

The towels got rolled up neatly and fit perfectly on the shelf below the sheets. The face clothes live in the basket in the middle along with a yummy smelling vanilla sachet to keep things fresh!

I couldn't manage to get a full length picture of the whole closet but the bottom shelves contain our electronics.  I labeled a ziploc bag each for camera accessories, cell phone accessories and various chargers and batteries.  I also have two other labelled gift bags for tableclothes and napkin storage!  Works like a charm!


How do you keep your linen closet organized?

I'm partying at A Bowl Full of Lemons and 
At the Picket Fence

4 comments:

Susan in SC said...

What a great idea you have! Would you like to come and do that at my house?!! I am visiting from Inspiration Friday.

>^..^<
Susan
http://mycottagelife.blogspot.com/

Carmella said...

I love the idea of using large gift bags and the tags are so cute!

At The Picket Fence said...

What a cute and clever idea! Thanks so much for sharing this last weekend at Inspiration Friday! :-)
Vanessa

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

Hey, Cammy! I'm a little late commenting but wanted to mention that I love your idea of the giftbags! I do the ziplog bags for electronics too, but I hadn't thought of giftbags, and I think that's genius! :-)