Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fancy'in up some Cork Board

Oooooeeee! Look at me go.

Remember how I said drawing makes me skeeeeeeeerd.....well it still does....but I'd like to announce that I have been drawing allllllll day. AND IT LOOKS GOOD people.

I've been working on the cork board project that I told ya'll about. FOR REAL. Haha, I still had doubts I would actually follow through on it even after I posted it.  But I did! Go me!  Anyway, I decided to use this pretty little..um...thing...that you put a pillar candle in...as my inspiration, and I took hints from Maryann @ Domestically Speaking and the damask cork board she made.


(Pillar candle thingy)

First, I laid on my belly in front of the TV and copied the cute vine and bird design from my ....thing....on to paper. Use tissue paper or something that a permanent marker will bleed through easily.  This will save you a few hours!


My second step involved tracing my pattern from printer paper on to tissue paper :( Sadface.

Use push pins to secure your pattern on to your cork board.  I bought a set of four squares of cork from Wal-mart for $10 bucks! Probably could've taken apart an old one buuuuut I wasn't feelin all the work that would've been involved with that. 



Using a fine-tipped permanent marker, I traced over my pattern slowly so that the ink bled through to the cork. Then I went removed the pattern and went over the cork board to fill in all the areas that didn't bleed through enough....which was most of it.  I even went over it a second time just to make it a little blacker...more black...I mean.



And VOILA! It's soooooo pretty!



This picture really doesn't do it justice...soooo I'll post a close up!



CLOSE UP!

I can't believe it actually turned out. Seriously.  It rarely happens like this.  Usually I get half way through a project, realize that it's just realllllly not turning out how I imagined and it gets banished to the closet of project doom....which is in my basement.

One panel down, three to go! But I think that's enough drawing for today. I gotta do something productive to trick hubby into thinking I've been working like a good little housewife *wink wink*

My only question now IS......should I color it all in black? or leave it just outlined? Eeeeek what to do what to do?????

1 comment:

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

That turned out SO CUTE! I love it just as it is!!!