Here's how I did it:
I found a site with lots of free quilt blocks and really clear directions. And then, true to form....I wung it....winged it....whatever the past tense of "to wing it" would be.
The block I chose was a Greek Square. Mostly 'cause it only requires two colors and that's all the scrap fabric I had laying around.
|Greek Square block - the instructions I followed were actually for a table running that connects four of these blocks|
I should've known right off the bat this wasn't the project for me - I am incapable of cutting in a straight line...let alone sewing in a straight line. Precision is not in my vocabularly......Luckily I'm good at manoevering things around to look like they were cut evenly!
It turned out pretty well though! I had to stretch it a bit to make the seams match up but all in all, I gotta say it looks good! Would look better in a quilt or table runner....but it's a start.